PRENTISS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
INVITATION FOR BIDS
105 North College Street
BOONVEILLE, MISSISSIPPI 38829
The Prentiss County School District will receive bids on Apple Branded Products via Electronic Reverse Auction on November 1, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. Electronic bids may be submitted to [email protected] by November 1, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. Please have the following in the subject line BID#11-21 Apple Branded Bid
BID #11-21 APPLE BRANDED PRODUCTS
Bids will be awarded or rejected by the Prentiss County School Board at 6:00 p.m. on MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2021, or as soon thereafter as conveniently possible. The board meeting will be held at 105 North College Street Booneville, MS 38829.
Items required, specifications, and bid forms may be obtained via the following web address: http://www.prentisscountyschools.com. You may also obtain the documents in person at the District Office of the Prentiss County School District, located at 105 North College Street Booneville, MS 38829. The reverse auction will be held via Zoom, for meeting information please e-mail [email protected]
Electronic bids may be submitted to [email protected] by November 1, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. Please have the following in the subject line: BID #11-21 Apple Branded Bid
The Prentiss County School District reserves the right to reject any and/or all bids or any groups thereof and waive any defect or informality in any bid or bidding procedure.
Inquiries regarding this bid should be directed to Andrea Allen at the following email address: [email protected]
Publish: 10/21/21 and 10/28/21
Prentiss County School District is working to establish a contract for Apple branded products. These products will be purchased throughout each fiscal year with the majority of device purchases being made for the District’s 1 to 1 student iPad program.
Prices quoted shall be all-inclusive (including all applicable taxes, shipping cost, training, and technical support.
Omissions in the proposal of any provision herein described shall not be construed as to relieve the vendor of any responsibility or obligation to the complete and satisfactory delivery, operation, and support of any services.
Should the vendor have questions or find discrepancies in, or omissions from, this Bid or shall be in doubt to its meaning, the vendor shall at once notify the Prentiss County School District. All questions should beaddressed to Andrea Allen at the following email address: [email protected]
BID NUMBER 11-21
October 21, 2021
October 28, 2021
November 1, 2021
Recommendation to PCSD Board
November 15, 2021
VENDOR BID INSTRUCTIONS
B-1 - DELIVERY OF BIDS:
- The Prentiss County Board of Education will receive sealed, competitive bids at the Prentiss County Superintendents Office Building, 105 North College Street, Booneville, Mississippi.
- The Bid Proposal form must be received on or before said date and time, neither the dating of the Bid Proposal form nor placing it in the mail by this date will meet the requirements pertaining to this bid. Any bid received after the bid opening date shall be marked "LATE BID" and returned to the Bidder unopened.
- The district will not be responsible for any delays in delivery. It is the sole responsibility of the Bidder that bid proposals reach the above destination by the bid opening date.
- Bids or alterations by fax, telephone or email WILL NOT be accepted.
- If the Prentiss County School District Office Building is closed for any reason, including but not limited to: acts of God, strikes, lockouts, riots, acts of war, epidemics, governmental regulations superimposed after the fact, fire, earthquakes, floods or other natural disasters (the “Force Majeure Events”), which closure prevents the opening of bids at the advertised date and time, all bids received shall be publicly opened and read aloud on the next business day that the district shall be open and at the previously advertised time. The new date and time of the bid opening, as determined in accordance with this paragraph, shall not be advertised, and all Vendors/Contractors, upon submission of a bid proposal shall be deemed to have knowledge of and shall have agreed to the provisions of this paragraph. Bids shall be received by the district shall not be held responsible for the receipt of any bids for which the delivery was attempted and failed due to the closure of the district offices as a result of a Force Majeure Event. Each Vendor/Contractor shall be required to ensure the delivery and receipt of its bid by the district prior to the new date and time of the bid opening.
B-2 - PRICES:
- Bid prices, unless otherwise specified, shall be net, including transportation and handling charges fully prepaid by the Bidder.
- All bids must be firm prices, free of any escalator clauses.
- Prices should include any and all applicable taxes, as Prentiss County School District is a tax-exempt governing authority, tax exemption letter furnished upon request.
- While it is the intention of the Prentiss County Board of Education to purchase the specified quantities, the right is reserved to accept bids on the basis of individual line item or by total bid price which ever is deemed to provide the maximum benefit to the district. The right is also reserved to omit any item or reduce quantities as necessary to bring the total cost within budgetary provisions.
- Any bid on any item should include a unit price and an extended price if requested on the Bid Proposal form. If there is any discrepancy between the unit price written in the bid and the total price extension, the unit price will be considered as binding, and the extended price will be adjusted accordingly.
B-3 - BID ADDENDUM:
- Any interpretation of the documents will be made by written addendum only and issued by the Prentiss County School District. Copy of such addendum will be posted on the district website. The district will not be responsible for any other explanation of the proposed document.
- As per Mississippi Code of 1972, as amended; SEC. 31-7-13. Bid requirements and exceptions; (iv) No addendum to bid specifications may be issued within two (2) working days unless such addendum also amends the bid opening date to a date not less than five (5) working days after the date of the addendum.
B-4 - PROPER EXECUTION
- All bids must be submitted in accordance with Section 31-7-13 of Mississippi Code of 1972 as amended, and must be properly executed and signed by a responsible officer or employee of the Bidder.
- All bids must be typed or written (legibly) in ink. Any alterations or changes that are made must be done in ink and initialized by the person who signs the Bid Proposal form.
- Bids should be checked before submission for accuracy and correctness since the Prentiss County Board of Education WILL NOT be responsible for any errors for which the Bidder is responsible.
- The district reserves the right to reject bids from Bidders who submit incomplete bids that do not specifically adhere to the bid instructions herein.
- To prevent opening by unauthorized individuals, it is required that the Bid Proposal form be delivered in an envelope clearly marked in the lower left-hand corner with the following information:
DATE: (date the bid is submitted)
DUE: (date the bid is due)
BID NUMBER: (on bid documents)
BIDDERS NAME: (company/full name)
B-5 - CERTIFICATION OF INDEPENDENT PRICE DETERMINATION:
By signing the BID PROPOSAL FORM the Bidder certifies, in connection with procurement, that to the best of their knowledge and belief:
- The prices in the BID PROPOSAL FORM have been arrived at independently, without consultation, communication, or agreement, for the purpose of restricting competition; as to any matter relating to such prices with any other Vendor or Bidder.
- Unless otherwise required by law, the prices have not been knowingly disclosed by the Bidder and will not knowingly be disclosed by the Bidder prior to the Bid Opening Date and Time specified on page 1 of the BID INSTRUCTIONS, directly or indirectly with any other Vendor or Bidder.
- No attempt has been made or will be made by the Bidder to induce any other Person or Bidder to submit or not to submit a BID PROPOSAL for the purpose of restricting competition.
B-6 - BID WITHDRAWAL and MODIFICATION:
- Bids may be modified or withdrawn by written notice from or in person by the Bidder, if received in the PCSD District Office, two (2) working days prior to the stated bid opening date and time on page 1 of the BID INSTRUCTIONS.
- No withdrawals will be accepted by telephone, fax or email.
- If a Bidder withdraws his bid, all documents shall remain in the possession of the Prentiss County Board of Education, marked as withdrawn, and included in the permanent file of that bid item.
- No bids shall be withdrawn for a period of thirty (30) days following the bid opening date, unless otherwise provided for by law.
B-7 - BID OPENING:
- All bid openings are open to the public. The Prentiss County School District staff will read a summary of each bidder's proposal and answer questions to the extent possible at the time. Any information provided in the bid which contains trade secrets or confidential commercial or financial information and which bidder does not wish to be disclosed other than for purposes of evaluating it must be clearly labeled on each sheet as confidential.
- All disclosures of bid information to interested parties will be made in compliance with Prentiss County School District policies and procedures established in accordance with the Mississippi Public Records Act of 1983 defined in Section 25-61 of the Mississippi Code.
B-8 - RIGHT TO REJECT BIDS:
The Prentiss County Board of Education reserves the right to reject any and/or all bids or any groups thereof and waive any defect or informality in any bid or bidding procedure.
B-9 - BID ACCEPTANCE:
- If the Prentiss County School District accepts a bid in response to this request, it will accept the bid of and award the bid to the lowest and best responsive bidder meeting specifications, price and other factors considered. The low bid is not always the best bid. Other factors to be considered include, but are not limited to: conformity to the specifications; quality; bidder's ability to provide service, maintenance, and training; past performance of bidder; financial standing and status of the bidder.
- Unless otherwise stated in the BID SPECIFICATIONS all bids shall be binding for a minimum of thirty (30) days following the acceptance of the bid by the Prentiss County Board of Education.
B-10 – CONTRACT PERIOD
- The Contract shall cover the period from November 16, 2021, through November 15, 2023.
- The Contract may be renewed at the expiration of the initial term at the request of the District. The renewal may be for up to four (3) additional one (1) year periods. Any renewal shall be based on the same terms and conditions as the initial term with the exception of the price or rates. Initial prices or rates and subsequent renewal prices or rates are guaranteed for a minimum of twelve (12) months. Any increase in prices or rates after the initial term or any renewal term shall be limited to the prior year’s increase in the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners. (CPI-W) All price increases must be approved by the Prentiss County School District prior to a renewal.
- Notice of intent to renew will be given to the Vendor(s) in writing normally sixty (60) days before the expiration date of the current term.
B-11 - BILLING/ORDERING
- All items or services shall be billed to the individual school(s) or department(s) to which they are delivered or performed, unless otherwise specified in the BID SPECIFICATIONS.
- All invoices are due in the Prentiss County School District Office, 105 North College Street, Booneville, MS 38829, on or before the last day of each month. If they are not received by that date payment will not be made until the following month.
- Payment of above-described invoices shall be on the 3nd Wednesday of each month.
- No negotiations, decisions or actions shall be executed by any bidder as a result of any discussions with any District employee. Only transactions that are on a Prentiss County School District purchase order may be considered official.
B-12 - DAMAGE OR LOSS:
- Any damage or loss to the Prentiss County School Districts property as a result of any action by the successful Bidder in the execution or performance of any item or service in this bid, shall be repaired to the satisfaction of the Prentiss County Board of Education, at the Bidders expense, within a reasonable time set forth by the Prentiss County Board of Education.
- The successful Bidder shall hold the Prentiss County Board of Education, Prentiss County School District, its Officers, Agents and Employees harmless from liability of any nature or kind whatsoever, because of use of by publisher or author, manufacturer or agent of any copyrighted or un-copyrighted composition, secret process, patented or unpatented invention, article, environment-sensitive material, or appliance furnished or used under this bid.
- The specifications will indicate if delivery is to be made to one (1) central location or to multiple locations within the District.
- It is understood that the Bidder agrees to deliver all items prepaid (F.O.B. Destination) to an inside point or points of receipt. All related cost for delivery are to be borne by the Bidder and should be included in their bid.
- Any items requiring unpacking and/or assembly and/or installation WILL BE UNPACKED, ASSEMBLED, INSTALLED AND SET IN PLACE AND MADE FULLY OPERATIONAL BY THE SUCCESSFUL BIDDER AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE at the time and place designated by the Prentiss County School District unless otherwise stated in the bid specifications.
- Under no circumstances will the Prentiss County School District assume any responsibility in connection with deliveries of the bid items.
- If the successful Bidder fails to deliver by the specified delivery date or a reasonable time thereafter, giving acceptable reasons for delay, the Prentiss County Board of Education reserves the right to cancel the portion which he has failed to deliver within the specified time and/or to purchase it elsewhere, charging the increase in price and cost of handling, if any, to the Bidder.
C. BID SPECIFICATIONS
C-1. GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- This bid is to establish pricing for the purchase of student, teacher, and district Apple branded products. The number of actual items purchased will vary depending on the need of the district.
- All devices (excluding accessories) listed in the bid MUST be able to be enrolled in Apple’s Device Management program.
- This bid will only be awarded to one vendor. Vendor must bid on each item in order for the bid to be accepted. Not bidding on each item will cause the bid to be deemed non-responsive.
C-2. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
- The following are base models of each product. As base models change these specs will reflect the technical specifications for the updated base model. (See bid summary sheet)
- AppleCare should be bid on for each Device
BID PROPOSAL FORM
D-1 I/We propose to provide the services, more or less, as listed in this BID PROPOSAL FORM according to the specifications as listed in this bid, at the indicated prices. I/We further agree not to request permission to withdraw our bid after the bids have been publicly opened.
D-2 I/We understand that this BID PROPOSAL FORM is to be signed and returned with our bid, and unless this has been done, our bids shall be considered incomplete and rejected.
D-3 I/We, the undersigned, do hereby understand and accept the conditions outlined in the BID INSTRUCTIONS and BID PROPOSAL FORMS of this official bid process in submitting our sealed competitive quotations for the item(s) outlined under the BID SPECIFICATIONS section of this bid:
Firm / Bidders Name : ___________________________________________________
(Type or Print)
Signed : ___________________________________________________
Title : ___________________________________________________
Contact : ___________________________________________________
Address : ___________________________________________________
Telephone : ___________________________________________________
E-mail : ___________________________________________________
PRENTISS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
BID SUMMARY SHEET
Please summarize your bid on these bid pages. Provide any additional details as attachments. If bid does not meet these specifications, it shall be the responsibility of the bidder to explain any differences.
Apple Pencil (1st generation)
61W USB-C Power Adapter
Magic Keyboard with Numeric Pad
20W USB-C Power Adapter
Apple Lightning to USB-C Cable(include all lengths)
USB-C Charge Cable (include all lengths)
MacBook Air M1 256GB
MacBook Air M1 512GB
MacBook Pro 13 inch M1 512GB
MacBook Pro 13 inch Intel Core i5
MacBook Pro 16 inch Intel Core i7
MacBook Pro 16 inch Intel Core i9
Mac mini M1 256GB
Mac mini M1 512GB
Mac mini Intel Core i5
27 inch iMac Intel Core i5 256GB
27 inch iMac Intel Core i5 512GB
24 inch iMac M1 256GB
24 inch iMac M1 512GB
Mac Pro Rack
*All iPad Models are Wifi only
iPad Pro 12.9 inch 128GB
iPad 10.2 inch 64GB
ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS (detail below):